Overview / FAQ
Brief Overview of this course, this course:
Colorado requires, if you are under 16, you need to complete a DMV-approved drivers education course to earn an affidavit of completion. This affidavit is required in order to obtain your instruction permit (learners permit) and ultimately your drivers license.
- Is approved by the Colorado Dept. of Revenue Agencies for any student or licensee statewide.
- Was designed to provide the opportunity for all young drivers to receive a driving education regardless of where they live.
- Consists of only the classroom phase of your requirements
- Does not offer driving (the 50-hour Parent/Teen Driving guide. (See below under Driving)
- This course consists of 10 modules, 37 quizzes, 10 module tests.
Contents of FAQ’s:
- Course requirements
- General Info
- New student tips
- Late payments
- System and program issues (Fixits, navigational, etc.)
1. COURSE REQUIREMENTS
What is required to receive a certificate?
All students are required to pass the final test with an 80%. In order to be eligible to take the final, each student must:
pass every quiz with at least an 80%, pass every module test with an 80%, log AT LEAST 30 “course hours”
How do I get a certificate of completion?
Your "state-approved" Affidavit of Completion (DR 2956) will be mailed to the address that you have indicated to us during registration. If you have moved, you'll need to update that immediately by sending a request to email@example.com.
Once we have processed this form, you will receive an email telling you to go to your login site and print a coverletter describing the rest of the process as well as a Certificate of completion that you keep for your records only.
If I finish all the tests do I still have to have 30 hours?
Yes! As stated in the Agreement, you must log at least 30 hours in this program, as well as complete all the requirements in order to receive a certificate. However, it is unlikely that you will. If you begin to fall short on time, we will email you.
Where can I get the driving log?
You can print one of these from the Colorado Dept. of Revenue website.
A copy is available inside our Parent/Teen driving guide that is printable for you use.
Do I have to go to a driving school to get any driving?
Yes! It is required by state law that you must receive 6 hours of behind-the-wheel driving from a driving school. Additionally, you must log at least 50 hours with your parent.
Exception: If you live more than 30 miles from an approved driving school and that school is open less than 20 hours/week, you may substitute 12 additional ones with a parent in lieu of the 6-hours with a school
3. General info
What are the driver education requirements? (Review "Learners Permit Requirement Section)
See all the new requirements on the Colorado Department of Revenue website. ( Colorado Department of Revenue).
You must complete an approved 30-hour DE course if you want a learner’s permit before you are 15 years and 6 months
Where can I find other Colorado requirements?
Go to Colorado Department of Revenue. These requirements are also discussed on p. 10 of Module 1 in your textbook.
Is this program licensed by the state of Colorado for teen licensing?
YES! Costech Training School is an approved driver training school in the state of Colorado. This method of providing driver education was created especially to satisfy this new legislation.
4. New students
What are some tips and suggestions for new students?
- Use Internet Explorer
- Reading: The majority of your 30 hours is accumulated from reading. If you skip or don’t completely read the pages, you WILL be short on time, not allowing you to access the final exam. The program logs your time on each page.
- Use the prompts at the end of the topic pages to access, workbook, quizzes, and tests.
- Use internal mail for faster responses regarding issues.
- Log out each time
- DO NOT try to print the textbook or workbook. You DO NOT get credit for time spent offline. You can go Log in and out as many times as needed.
5. Payment (late Payments)
I did not pay during the registration process, can I go back now and do this, and how do I do this?
Go to the login page, click on the Payment button, enter your student ID, and choose your method of payment Credit Card or Check/Money Order. (The fastest way is by credit card.) If you are paying by check or money order, send to the address on the page.
6. Program issues (including navigational, saving. Fixits)
When I login, I get the message, “ACCESS DENIED.” What is happening and how do I fix it?
The most common reasons could be firewall restrictions or cookie issues. Here are a few fixits that you can try. You might want to cut/paste them in Word and print them out.
To adjust cookies in Internet Explorer:
- In Internet Explorer click on "Tools" at the top of the window.
- Select "Internet Options".
- Click on the "Privacy" tab.
- In the center of the "Privacy" tab screen, there should be an "Advanced" button. Click this button.
- Ensure that "Override automatic cookie handling" is checked.
- First party cookies should be set to "Accept" and block third party cookies
- Check "Always allow session cookies"
- Click on "OK"
- Exit Internet Explorer and restart your browser
To delete or remove cookies in Internet Explorer:
- Click on the Tools option on the Explorer menu.
- Then choose Internet Options. Under the tab labeled “General” click on the
- Delete Cookies and then Delete Files (check the box labeled 'Delete all offline content'.
- To remove these temporary internet files click on the Delete Cookies button and
- Click the OK button (this removes any cookies still in this area)
- And next click the Delete Files button,
- Check the checkbox for Delete all offline content (these are the pages that are cashed by your internet explorer when browsing web pages)
- And click the OK button (this removes any web pages still cashed).
- Try clearing your Internet Temporary files and cookies.
- Adjust settings on your Internet Explorer with the attached file.
- Adjust firewall settings with attached file (must use acrobat reader to open file or can be downloaded here http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html )
- Change Browser to Firefox at which can be downloaded here http://getfirefox.com